Ingredients: Green Gram Dal Oil for seasoning Mustard seeds Green chilli/Red chilli Curry leaves Desiccated...
Black Channa Sundal
Aha Recipes: Black Channa Sundal
Sundal is one of the most nutritious snacking options for anyone trying to eat fibrous food that is great for your health and keeps your stomach happy. Black Channa Sundal is a great snacking option and is usually made using soaked Black Channa that is first boiled till it softens and then garnished with a nice tadka for that wondrous flavour. The desiccated coconut in the end adds that extra crunch and takes you to foodie heaven. Enjoy making Black Channa Sundal from the comfort of your home and find your ingredients in our website!
- Black channa
- Oil for seasoning
- Mustard seeds
- Green chilli/Red chilli
- Curry leaves
- Desiccated Coconut
- Pre-soak the black channa overnight for 10 – 15 hours
- Drain the water and add it to the pressure cooker with 150 ml of water
- Allow it to cook for 5-6 whistles
- Release the lid once pressure decreases
- Add oil to a pan, let the mustard seeds pop, keep the stove on low flame and add chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida as the tadka for the sundal. Finally add the black channa & add salt to taste. Coconut & coriander are garnishing options.